6 New Ways For You to Have Some Time to Talk
14th March 2016
Category: Adult Carers
We are getting out and about in an effort to meet up with as many carers as we can!
We know that carers prefer to meet face to face with our staff and that they like to meet in local venues that are easy to find and where other services can be accessed; such as public libraries and GP surgeries.
With this in mind we have set up 6 new Carers Community Clinics in the following venues:
- Workington Community Hospital 1st Saturday of each month 10am – 12pm
- Kirkbride Medical Practice 1st Wednesday of each month 2pm – 4pm
- The Byre Cafe, Bootle 2nd Wednesday of each month 10:30am – 12:30pm
- The Methodist Church, Cleator Moor 3rd Friday of each month 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Minto Centre Workington 4th Wednesday of each month 11am -1pm
- Mirehouse Community Centre 4th Friday of each month 11:30 – 1:30
The clinic will be a chance for carers to meet up with a Carers Support Worker who can provide:
- Help to access appropriate services and equipment for the person you care for.
- Time to talk about YOUR caring role.
- Support to access appropriate benefits.
- Information about training, activities and social events for you as a carer.
There will be 2 x 1hour slots at each of the clinics, appointments MUST be booked by calling us on Tel: 01900 821976.